A Direct-to-Home connection has plenty of benefits but there are certain technical snags that one needs to face while using one:
- How to activate a deactivated DTH – a DTH connection needs a timely periodic DTH recharge and if not done on time, there are chances the connection will be suspended for the time being and your account will get deactivated. To activate it again one need to DTH recharge the connection to enjoy uninterrupted services. It is important to keep the set top box in the active mode while the recharging is being done.
- Some operators like Dish TV have the provision of informing the customer about temporary deactivation of services. In case you are going out of town or unable to watch TV at home for some reason, you can call the customer support and request for a temporary deactivation for which you will be charged a nominal amount, with a minimum duration of 15 days and maximum one month. Once this period of deactivation is over, the connection will be activated automatically without making any calls to the customer support. The downside is that one can avail this feature only once a year and need to maintain a certain amount of money as balance.
- The DTH connection can be deactivated if the Set top box (STB) is turned off for a long period of time. To rectify this problem, one needs to contact the customer support center and request for service engineer visit at your home or use the App to send a sms to refresh the viewing card.
- Another way losing the DTH connection is when the smart card is removed from the set top box for a period longer than 4 days. Within 4 days, one just needs to re insert the card for the connection to get activated. If however it doesn’t happen or the card is out of the box for longer than the specified time, one needs to contact the customer support to re-activate the box.
- Sometimes the viewing card fails on its own and a message pops up the TV screen saying that the set top box is not working properly. In such case the television and the set top box needs to be switched off. The viewing card needs to be taken out and after a light clean up reinsert it into the set top box for smooth viewing.
- Often customers of some of the DTH operators face signal related issues with their connection. On the other hand some receive low signal. This happens because the DTH operator is upgrading their software system. It is also because sometimes there is a need to change the satellite because most of the satellites are nearing expiry. The problem with such a situation is that the old satellite has hardly any space to add new channels and hence to create space for new channel the operator uses high compression technology to create some space for the demanded channels. Often they release updated firmware