Digital Media Agencies – The Pied-Piper of Brands
How many brains are actually required in changing a light bulb? Yes, that’s one question you got to answer yourself before you recall the term, Digital Marketing. Unlike every business around, the agencies set up to serve Digital Media, Online Marketing or Mobile Marketing services plays on the basis of ideas and not rules or competencies. And in last three years, these agencies have been mushrooming at a rapid pace. But the question is, what makes Digital Marketing a hotcake business for entrepreneurs today? What, on earth, has made Digital marketing one of the fastest growing areas of advertising?
Digital platforms communication or Digital Media is driving new terms of engagement between brands and consumers and reshaping media consumption across both old and new channels. Research shows that the most important and influential consumers continue engaging with digital media even when watching TV. To be truly effective, a brand’s integrated marketing strategy must incorporate digital marketing from the start. And, to keep pace with digital’s huge influence on consumers’ media habits, advertisers must do more than simply extend their offline campaigns into the digital marketing space.
In the last few months, the Indian digital marketing industry has seen quite a few activities in the digital advertising market. However, the background dates back to 2008, when the buzzword in the Indian online industry was online marketing and digital marketing agencies and advertising networks were at the helm of affairs. Right from the VCs to budding entrepreneurs, the business minded techies were gung ho about digital advertising space in India. But post 2009, this interest took a dip and we saw new forms of online businesses getting more interest from VCs as well as entrepreneurs. A majority of them helped in sprouting of Online Retail or E-commerce which in layman language we regard as Online Selling business.
However, a larger set of audience is more curious to find out why businesses or the renowned brands for that matter are so in love with Digital Marketing? What makes online advertising a must have marketing metrics for their branding?
Advertising online is a highly responsive, versatile, capable both of building brand awareness and engagement and driving response and purchase behaviour activity conducted by Online Advertising Agency to cascade a larger impact in terms of a brand’s media promotion. Given the well-established benefits of advertising online, it should be no surprise that 15 per cent of worldwide ad budgets* are now spent this way. In fact, it rather begs the question how much of the remaining 85 per cent could be better spent in the digital space.
The next big thing for businesses, after branding, is to reach out their potential audience. The average consumer today spends 14 hours watching TV each week and 14 hours using the internet, according to a new EIAA Report. Increasingly those hours are shared: the most valuable and influential consumer multi-task their media …